Mount St. Mary Hospital has a thriving Volunteer Program of talented, motivated, compassionate community members who contribute their time and energy to the wellbeing of our residents.
Volunteers learn new skills, have opportunities for personal development and build community connections.
Volunteers enhance services to residents beyond the scope of the exemplary care that the residents receive from staff. Services provided by volunteers support the residents’ personal dignity and worth. Volunteers also add a compassionate personal touch enriching the quality of residents’ lives.
“I enjoy meeting the wonderful and interesting people at Mount St. Mary -- the residents, staff and volunteers.”
Why Invest Your Time?
- Gain learning opportunities and work experience
- Make a difference in people’s lives by helping them to live fully and richly
- Build community connections
- Develop new skills
- Experience personal growth and development
Volunteer Application Process:
Please note: Volunteers must be over 14 years of age to volunteer independently. Children under 14 years of age can volunteer when accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Attend an initial interview with the Coordinator of Pastoral Care & Volunteer Services
- Apply for a Criminal Record Check
- Provide two references that are not from family members
- Complete a Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Form
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session
As MSMH invests resources into each volunteer, we ask for a minimum commitment of 60 hours and we hope for mutually enriching long term relationships with volunteers.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, BUT WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW VOLUNTEERS UNTIL AT LEAST SEPTEMBER 2022.